Issues to consider after automatic update from Version 4.0 to 4.1
Posted by Ben A. on 25 March 2013 07:07 AM
SmartJobBoard has made the upgrade patch as universal as possible so it automatically converts almost all the 4.0 data to 4.1 without any issues. However in the version 4.1 there are few sections where the manual set up is required.
In the version 4.1 we have added a new 'Location' field so the syntaxis of geographiс fields in templates has changed. After the update is done you need to manually update the following sections because they will not be updated automatically (manual update is needed only in case any custom templates and fields were added):
1) Update manually all the custom templates where you used geographic fields such as: Country, State, City, Zip Code:
Note: The below changes need to be done only in case you changed the templates before manually, added custom templates and these templates contained geaographic data. In all other cases the templates will be updated automatically by the updater and no manual set up is required.
In order to make the 'Location' fields to display correctly on the pages it is necessary to follow this format in the template:
2) Update manually all the Email templates where you used geographic data. In order to do this go to Admin Panel > Email Templates > Edit > Change the old geographic variables to the new ones::
3) Update manually geographic fields in 'Recipient Criteria' of saved Mass Mailings;
In order to do this go to Admin Panel > Mass Mailing > Edit Saved Mass Mailing > Indicate Country, State, City fields.
4) If you have set up XML feeds there would be a need to change the format of data:
In order to do this go to Admin Panel > XML Feeds > Edit XML Feed template and change the old geographic variables to the new ones:
5) If you have used any Custom Script in XML feeds you will need to change the format for geographic fields:
In order to do this go to Admin Panel > XML Imports > Edit > Change the old geographic variables to the new ones:
Custom Script for Listings
6) If you have Jobg8 plugin please contact our Support Service at firstname.lastname@example.org and our Support Managers will manually change the data format for you to make it function correctly;
7) If you had users with active recurring subscriptions there would be a need to renew them: stop the recurring subscription for the customers and subscribe them to the recurring products again.
8) Please also note that the payments of the deleted users will not be converted to invoices after the update.